Start Your Own Event Management Business in Singapore from $395
Singapore is the proud winner of multiple Top Convention City awards, making it the region’s most sought-after destination in the MICE industry.
A great business environment, world-class facilities and infrastructure, professional services, exclusive event venues and cool attractions make Singapore the perfect city for hosting events and conventions
Some of the notable association conventions that Singapore has hosted include the 79th World Library and Information Congress in 2013, Sibos 2015; International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Annual Meeting 2016; World Congress on Safety and Health at Work (2017); IEEE Globecomm 2017; European Society for Medical Oncology Asian Congress (2015-2018).
Singapore Exhibition and Convention Bureau (SECB) is closely collaborating with several partners to offer planners a host of exclusive privileges and unique experiences through the Singapore MICE Advantage Programme (SMAP).
Year in year out, events – business, sport, arts and recreation – are planned and held throughout the world. From being just a supportive component of hospitality and recreation industries, event management has come into its own right as a full-fledged business sector with a well-developed body of best practices.
In Asia, Singapore has certainly earned a reputation as a top event venue. Whether it is planning small-scale exhibitions and parties or large-scale sport and entertainment events, event management companies in Singapore have been gaining more and more corporate and government support, as they busy themselves with projects that potentially advance business objectives, motivate communities, boost tourism and fill hotel rooms.
Broadly speaking, events can be classified as:
- MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions)
- Performing arts events such as plays, musical performances, dance performances, etc
- Leisure and lifestyle events ranging from sports and recreation events, fashion related events, adventure themed events to social and community-based events
Planning, project management, budgeting, marketing and communications, HR management, risk analysis and management, legal knowledge and logistics are all essential skills to possess in the Event Management industry.
Licences and Permits to apply for your Event Management Company
Incorporating your Event Management Company On ACRA
Registering your company on the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) of Singapore is the first step to kicking off your business venture. Successfully registered, your company will receive a Unique Entity Number (UEN), which is required when making applications for other licences and permits.
Event Management Licensing Requirements
In addition to registering a business licence on ACRA, your Event Management Company may require other licences and permits, depending on the activities it organises.
- Arts Entertainment Licence: To organise arts entertainment events such as plays, musical performances, dance performances, art exhibitions, variety shows and pop/rock concerts
- Copyright Permit: To play or reproduce copyrighted music or videos at any event
- Public Entertainment Licence: To organise entertainment events (excluding arts entertainment events) to which the public has access
- Trade Fair Permit: To organise trade fairs
- Animal Exhibition Licence: To organise events where animals will be exhibited or be involved in performances
Other relevant licences or approvals your events require may include:
- Advertisement License
- No Objection Letter for selling food and beverages
- Fire Works Display Licence
- Notification to conduct lucky draws
- Newspaper Permit
- Non-Residential TV Licence
- Approval for Fire Safety Work on Premises
Please note that some permits are valid only for the duration of the event. Contact VentureHaven for more details regarding the above permits and licences. VentureHaven will not only get your Event Management Company incorporated in Singapore but also advise you on procuring relevant permits to make your business operate without a hitch.